Intense Championship Fighting ended a busy 2014 with a solid eight fight card at the Four Seasons Arena in Great Falls, MT.
The main event saw Jared Torgeson successfully defend his middleweight title against Leo Bercier. Both were tentative throughout the fight, not wanting to over commit to a barrage of punches. Torgeson’s harder shots is what made the difference in what was a closely tested bout that saw the Washington fighter get a unanimous decision over Bercier.
It only took Tim Welch 47 seconds to defeat Idaho’s Kerry Lattimer in the co-main event of the card. After Lattimer got a takedown on Welch, the Montana native sunk a deep armbar to finish the fight. He improves to 12-5.
The other pro bout say Blake Green hip toss then armbar J.C. Gardipee in 29 seconds.
The amateur feature bout saw Sean O’Malley take on last minute replacement Brandon Caldwell in a non-title match. O’Malley looked to have fun in the cage with his striking, trying several times to leap off the cage for flying strikes. Caldwell seemed game, however, with the ability to get the take. Ultimately, O’Malley would work off his back in round 2 to secure a triangle choke to get the submission win.
ICF president Cory Smith announced O’Malley has been signed to a three fight pro contract with the promotion, and his first pro fight will be in February.
In what was the only female bout on the card, Hannah Kampf out grappled DJ Morrison to get a unanimous decision win (you can watch the video of the fight here).
Here is a complete list of results from ICF 16.
- Jared Torgeson def. Leo Bercier by unanimous decision to retain the middleweight title
- Tim Welch def. Kerry Lattimer by submission (armbar) 0:47 round 1 (155)
- Blake Green def. J.C. Gardipee by submission (armbar) 0:29 round 1 (155)
- Sean O’Malley def. Brandon Caldwell by submission (triangle) 2:58 round 2 (135)
Amateur Female Bout
- Hannah Kampf def. DJ Morrison by unanimous decision (125)
Amateur MMA Bouts
- Daniel Augure def. Cody Vukasin by submission (rear naked choke) 1:32 round 3 (205)
- Jesse Cummins def. John Spottedeagle by TKO 2:57 round 1 (HWT)
- Dylin Dreivdhal def. Alex Ackerson by submission (rear naked choke) 1:02 round 1
- Cody Nadire def. Judd Daniels by unanimous decision