None of the nine bouts went to the judges, with some quick and unique finishes never seen before in the history of the promotion.
The main event saw Brazilian Thiago Alves Rodriguez gain his 9th MMA victory with a rear naked choke over Chris Sowell at 3:42 of round 1. Alves and Sowell had fought in an ankle lock battle for a bit before Aleves was able to take the back and get the tap.
The co-main event saw Great Falls’s Delane Lamare with a shocking 20 second KO over Spokane’s Eric Bothwell. Lamare got a takedown and as Bothwell turtled up, Lamare landed clean on the temple knocking Bothwell unconscious. It took a second of the ref to see Bothwell was out, and took a good 20 seconds for Bothwell to regain consciousness. He was able to leave the cage under his own power.
Rounding out the pro fights, Brazil’s Jai Santos got a rare heel hook submission over Spokane’s Brett Boksa at 1:04 round 1.
A new amateur ICF welterweight champ was crowned as Browning’s Daniel Augure defeated Great Fall’s Ryan Hall by KO at 1:47 of round 2. Hall was fighting to his feet against the fence when Augure hit a clear shot to the temple that KO’ed Hall.
In the other amateur title match Washington’s Johnson Nassona defeated Great Fall’s Gage Sanders by TKO 0:42 round 2.
In what was the Fight of the Night, newcomer Shawn Hertel held his own against Cody Vukasin in a light heavyweight bout. Hertel was fighgting on behalf of the “Dandelion Foundation” which raises awareness of child abuse. Vukasin would ultimately take the win by rear naked choke, but Hertel took some heavy shots and came with some flurries throughout.
Here are the complete results:
- Thiago Alves Rodriguez def. Chris Sowell by rear naked choke 3:42 round 1 (155)
- Delane Lamare def. Eric Bothwell by KO 0:20 round 1 (155)
- Jai Santos def. Brett Boksa by submission (heel hook) 1:04 round 1 (140)
- Daniel Augure def. Ryan Hall by KO 1:47 round 2 to win the 170 ammy title
- Johnson Nassona def. Gage Sanders by TKO 0:42 round 2 to retain the 155 title
- Hunter Azure def. Mike Ruiz by TKO (corner stoppage) 1:41 round 3 (150)
- Cody Vuukasin def. Shawn Hertel by rear naked choke 0:43 round 3 (205)
- Tayler Macklin def. Tim Hosley by TKO 0:18 round 1 (160)
- Jake Zuidema def. Lee Damm by TKO 1:25 round 1 (145)