Tim Welch rebounded from his loss at Bellator in dramatic fashion Friday night as the “Fight Master” vet got a submission over seasoned vet Ran Weathers at Intense Championship Fighting at the Four Seasons Arena in Great Falls.
The first round saw Weathers try for a takedown, but Welch would try for a guillotine and rolled to side control. Welch would get a crucifix to land some ground and pound. Weather fought out of it and took half guard. Welch would look for some ground and pound and submissions as the round ended.
Round two saw Welch open up with is striking, and Weathers dropping to a turtle position. Weathers would fight his way back up, but Welch went for another guillotine and sunk it in deep to cause Weathers to pass out to end the fight at 2:18.
Welch improves to 11-5 with his 7th submission win.
The card’s co-main event see Spokane’s Ryan Mulivill hand University of Great Falls wrestler Myles Mazurkiewiz his first pro loss. Mazurkiewiz tried for a guillotine as Mulivill shot in for a takedown. Mulivill used it to take the back and was able to pin Mazurkiewiz’s arm with a leg to sink and the rear naked choke. Mazurkiewiz passed out and the ref stopped the fight at 1:05 of round 1.
Sean O’Malley successfully defended his amateur bantamweight title by once again getting a TKO win over Ryan Ibsen. The fight started fast as Ibsen trying leg kicks, but O’Malley hit a right to the jaw that stunned Ibsen. From there, O’Malley started to land a barrage of punches and attempted a “showtime kick”. After another flurry, Ibsen crumbled and the ref stopped it at 30 seconds for round 1. Video can be found at the ICF facebook page.
Some controversy happened as Brandon Killum refused to come out to the cage because he didn’t think his opponent Andrew Woodruff made weight for their fight. ICF President Cory Smith quickly posted proof on his facebook that Woodruff did make weight. Woodruff wins by forfeit.
Here are the complete results:
- 160 pro – Tim Welch def. Ran Weathers by technical submission (guillotine) 2:18 round 2
- 145 pro – Ryan Mulivill def. Myles Mazurkiewiz by technical submission (rear naked choke) 1:05 round 1
- 155 Pro – Chris Sowell def. Adam Saad by unanimous decision
- 185 Ammy – Ty Vison def. Kenny Michaels by TKO 0:42 round 1
- 135 Ammy – Sean O’Malley def. Ryan Ibsen by TKO 0:30 round 1 to retain the bantamweight title
- 185 ammy – Andrew Woodruff def. Brandon Killum by forfeit
- 155 Shootboxing – Blake Green def. Glen Cislo by unanimous decision