Intense Championship Fighting held their first ever card during the the Montana State Fair in Great Falls, MT Friday, in what was a crazy and action packed card.
Leo Bercier came back to ICF in what was a bittersweet homecoming, having just lost his father in June. This was only a few months after he lost his mother. Bercier dedicated his fight to his parents, and would get the win by TKO in the third round in the only pro MMA bout on the card.
Bercier (12-7-1; 1NC) faced a game Nate Cook in what was an 195 catchweight match. Bercier was more controlled than in his past fights, feeling out his opponent early on. Cook was aggressive in the first part of the round, bloodying Bercier’s nose. Cook would also land a knee to the body, which hurt Bercier, but also seemed to motivate him to start using his striking. Bercier would continue landing leg kicks and a nasty overhand right before the end of the first round.
The second saw Bercier continue where he left off, landing knees to Cook’s thighs, causing viable damage and Cook’s movement was effected. Bercier would try to box out Cook, but it was another leg strike that dropped Cook. Cook survived the round.
In round 3, Bercier finish what he started with leg strikes and a flurry of blows that made the ref call the fight right before Cook’s corner threw in the towel at 1:30.
Here are the complete results from card:
- Leo Bercier def. Nate Cook by TKO 1:30 round 3 (195 lbs.)
- Andrew Woodruff def. Jay Langford by submission (rear naked choke) 1:33 round 1 (HWT)
- Johnson Nasora def. Michael Ruit by TKO 2:15 round 2 (155 lbs.)
- Brandon Caldwell def. Jared Berlinger by TKO (retirement) round 3 (135 lbs.)
- Andy Castro def. Alex Anderson by TKO 0:38 round 1 (160lbs.)
- Kyle Lier def. Sam Atkins by unaimous decsion (155 lbs.)
- Bryan Barber def. Anthony Nye by TKO round 3 (185 lbs.)